Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The artist inside... is missing!

OK... so I'm learning my self how to draw...I'm excited and terrified. I'm not any good at it but then I've only been teaching myself for about half a day now! So I guess I could go a bit easier on myself. Anyway, I just want to be able to sketch my designs without them looking like stick figures or children's drawing. Cause that's all that seem to come out... But it's like my beginners learning to draw basics book says,"The ability to draw what yo see isn't some magical, intuitive talent, but a simple,logical process. If you can learn to draw a few geometric shapes-cubes, cylinders, spheres, and cones- you can learn to draw practically anything" And now re-reading that all I have to say is "crap"! I'm a creative thinker not a logical thinker! Geometric WHAT? Come on... why couldn't I have just been blessed with the gift? that would have made things much easier here! i just want my clothing sketches to look normal! But instead I'm learning about the different sizes of pencils and which eraser to use.... Life it's ever easy!

2 comments:

Josh's Loving Wife, aka Angela Brisby said...

Hey! Welcome to the blogospere! Hope you enjoy, I personally much prefer this over myspace. How is the moving into your house thing going? We just sent the purchase contract back to the seller, so it shouldn't be long for us!

Gypsy Girl said...

Thanks Ang... yea I do both mayspace and blogger it keeps me busy for at least part of my morning! Haha :) We should be moving in January. As that month approches I get more and more excited! Congrats on your house! Cant wait to hear how that goes. Hey we have to talk but not here... too many people watching!