Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Men...

First of all just saying men is weird all by it's self, because in order for me to be thinking about men then I must be a woman! I know I'm an adult but I just don't see myself that way most days. Most days I'm that awkward teen who hasn't got a clue who she is or who she wants to become. But I do know who I am and who I want to become... and I know what I want in a man. AS a teen I had a list, a project in a girls bible study long ,long ago. We were to wright out the type of man we wanted to marry. We were to start with the most important thing to us then work our way down. Ha! I cant believe we actually did it. I cherished it, couldn't find it to save my life today but it did something for me. It made me make a standard of who I was and who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Who I wanted to spend my life serving Christ with, who I wanted to help me raise my children with. Now childish thoughts aside I came up with some pretty good ideas for me. I remember writing ...
1. A godly man of God(he desires his own relationship with Christ)
2.Not perfect, I'm defiantly not so why should he be(besides perfection is boring)
3.Calm(as you can imagine I can be a bit ummm hyper)
4.A man who was involved in ministry in his church
5.A man who could make me laugh
6.A man I could take care of ( not a major tough guy who didn't need any help)
then we got down to preference, looks, personality the stupid stuff that was just for girl talk...
7. Tall around 6ft
8. A total white boy! I have this thing for the white boys! hahaha ;)
9.Blue eyes (there just so gorgeous!)
10. Rides a motorcycle!
All this to say Ladies if you have keep your eyes on why were here then in His perfect timing God will give you the desires of your heart. So as eager as i can get about finding the love of my life I need to remember that that's not why I was placed on this earth. I was placed here to serve Christ and to bring glory and honour to the King.

No comments: